I’ve been nominated for this award thrice now, but thanks most recently to Darque Dreamer for the nomination! This one makes me feel so special. What better compliment is there than to be a ray of sunshine in someone’s day?
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions. (Let’s be realistic, I’m probably nominating 3 or 4)
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Darque Dreamer’s Questions
- If you had to stick with one book genre for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I don’t know, that is so hard! I read such a variety of books! Probably “the classics”. Most of my favorites were written before 1900, so I could get a good variety there.
- If you had to dye your hair a color, or colors, to represent your soul, what color, or colors, would you choose?
I don’t die my hair, it’s natural color is too pretty. Go ahead, be jealous. But I would probably call my soul blue. Water element, right here.
- What charity or awareness foundation is close to your heart?
water.org is a really big deal to me. It is rediculous that so many people go every day without clean water when we can build wells so inexpensively! One of the easy ways to contribute is to sign up for Tab for a Cause. This chrome plugin gives you a new homescreen with small ads in the corner, and the adds raise money for charities like water.org. Click HERE to sign up! It’s so easy, and you raise money doing something you do anyway.
- If you could travel back in time, which time period would you choose?
Another hard one! There are so many times I would want to visit! I guess Elizabethan England, if I had to pick just one.
- What is the one book, movie, or television show that has brought sunshine to your life?
My husband and I watch Brooklyn 99 together, and it never fails to cheer me up after a tough day. So silly.
- What is your all time favorite food?
I have a top 5. In no particular order: Pizza, Croutons, Pumpkin Pie, Popcorn, and the Chick-fil-A Chicken Biscuit. I feel like lately chips and salsa needs to be added ot that list though.
- What is your favorite band or artist?
The Beatles. ❤
- What would the title of your autobiography be?
So Many Kinds of Nerd
- What would your character’s name be in a fantasy novel?
- What is your favorite flower?
Daisies! They are so friendly and happy!
- What required school reading books did you enjoy?
Most of them, honestly. But I always answer this question with The Killer Angels because most people haven’t heard of it and it’s SO GOOD. It’s a historical fiction about the Battle of Gettysburg told from the officers on both sides. Normally war novels aren’t my thing, but this book is just amazing.
- If you had to pick one favorite book, which would you choose?
- Coffee or tea?
- Other than reading, what is something you enjoy spending a lot of time doing?
- What holiday do you enjoy the most?
- If you were royalty, which super hero would you want as your personal body guard?
- Favorite candy/sweet?
- What animal should I google pictures of to get the most squeals?
- Which subject did you enjoy the most in school?
- If you could take any vacation, where would you go?
- What kind of vehicle do you drive/ride?
- Who in your life makes you laugh the most?
I have no idea if I’m tagging people who have gotten this before, so if you have I’m sorry! I’m tagging:
- The Orangutan Librarian (who ALWAYS makes me laugh)
- Little Blind Book Finds (my favorite duo on WordPress, I always tag them in everything because I love them)
- Teacher of YA (dang she writes good reviews!)
- MNBernard Books (sooooo sweet)
- Flavia the Bibliophile (her blog is just so happy and feel-good!)
- RiverMoose Reads (she just cool.)