Thanks to the coffeeloving bookoholic for tagging me in this one! As you all know, I am always up for a good book tag. Especially since I am FINALLY running out of backlogged reviews, and need something to talk about. lol
- thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog
- answer the ten questions asked on this post
- nominate at least five people to do it also
1. Top 3 Book Pet Hates
- It really bugs me why my editions of a series don’t match. Even hard/soft back. And don’t even get me started when they change the look of a series halfway through. Just no.
- I hate when books try too hard. Honestly, I just want to be entertained. I don’t need all of your pretentious attempts at being Dickens, thanks.
- Movie poster covers. Enough said.
2. Perfect Reading Spot
I will literally read anywhere. In the car at red lights? Yes. In the middle of a noisy mall? Done that. While the rest of the family is watching TV? Absolutely.
I don’t know what my favorite spot would be though. I guess on the beach?
3. 3 Book Confessions
- I judge books by their covers. If a book cover looks dumb (especially sci-fi or fantasy), I won’t pick it up. If there is a picture of a beach, beach umbrellas, and/or women in one-piece swim suits, I will run in the opposite direction.
- I literally read my book at red lights. Not as much these days, because most of the time I’m turning right. But last school year my commute had multiple long wait red lights, and I always had a book out.
- I’ve only purchased like, 3 books in 2017. What can I say? I’m broke. I discovered the library. My mom likes to buy me things, even though I’m almost 30.
4. Last Time You Cried Reading a Book
Honestly, it’s been a while. I slightly cried (like, tears beautifully glistening) during The Bear and the Nightingale this summer, but I don’t know if that counts. I also re-read The Lord of the Rings this spring, so obviously. But other than those, it was Homer’s Odyssey a year and a half ago. I don’t know what’s up with that, usually I cry like, ALL THE TIME.
5. Number of Books on Your Bedside Table
One or none. My current read, or nothing. Currently nothing because My Cousin Rachel is in my purse since I haven’t gone to bed since I last read it.
6. Favorite Reading Snack
I don’t know, it would depend on my mood. Can’t go wrong with candy, though. Or popcorn. But sometimes I crave weird snacks.
7. 3 Books You’d Recommend to Anyone
If you’d ever met my mom, dad, and brother, you would understand why there is no book I would recommend to everyone. But I’ll still try go with the spirit of this question.
- Harry Potter. Duh.
- The Scarlet Pimpernel. I’ve recommended this book to so many people! It’s got a little bit of everything! Action, love, mystery, history. Plus it’s short and light, and a lot of fun.
- Bunnicula. Seriously, read it with your kids! They’ll love it!
8. A Picture of Your Favorite Bookshelf
Hopefully between now and when this posts I’ll get around to this… If not, sorry! My bookshelf isn’t very photogenic, so this is kind of hard!
9. How Much Books Mean to You (in 3 words)
I can’t even.
10. Biggest Reading Secret
I have all four Twilight books in ebook format through Google Play. Shhhhhhh. At least I didn’t pay for them…
I’m not tagging anyone, because I went a little crazy and tagged EVERYONE in my Hocus Pocus Tag last week. But if this seems like something you would enjoy, consider yourself tagged.