Thanks to The Orangutan Librarian for tagging me in this fun Christmas tag! While I am, of course, always on the nice list, it’ll be fun to see how my book habits stack up in Santa’s eyes.
- Tag & link the person who tagged you.
- Tag and link Jenniely’s post, for she’s love to read everyone’s answers!
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done (ticks = naughty, crosses = nice)
- Tag another 10 people.
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it
I don’t usually request ARCs, but last year when I was a fledgeling book blogger and requesting ARCs seemed like something I might never be able to aspire to, I got excited about the possibilities and requested Broken Branches from indie publishing house Hideaway Fall (who I am starting to suspect is really just M. Jonathan Lee self-publishing but trying to be fancy…). Since then I’ve come to the conclusion that ARCs aren’t something I want to pursue, but nobody told Hideaway Fall, and so they sent me Drift Stumble Fall this past summer. Which I was not particular interested in. I left in in a Little Free Library.
2. Have a less than 60% feedback rating on Netgally
I don’t use Netgally, so I have a 0% feedback rating on 0 books. Does that count as a yes? Or no since I dnq?
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)
Nope. It’s hard enough for me to get enough content on here! An already written review is like a free blog post! I’m not throwing that away!
4. Folded down the page of a book
EVER? Obviously! Actually, my favorite page of Jane Eyre has been dog-eared for so long I’m worried the dog ear might fall off and then I’ll have no way to find the page. But usually I prefer a bookmark.
5. Accidentally spilled on a book
What kind of barbarian do you think I am?!?!?!?!
Truthfully, I have done this. *hangs head in shame* At least it was just water.
6. DNF a book this year
No! I’ve actually had a great reading year and very much enjoyed just about everything I’ve read! 😀
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
Definitely not! My thing this year has been that I (mostly) only buy books if I read it from the library first and liked it so much that I just had to get a copy! It’s working out very well for me, actually, because I’m saving a ton of money, don’t have an overflowing physical TBR, and my library makes me really happy to look at. So many good memories!
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework)
9. Skim read a book
I’ve never mastered this. Even doing my reading for graduate school this year I had a really hard time skimming. I can either read every word or skip every word. I can’t figure out how to do anything in between.
10. Completely missed your goodreads goal
Since I started seriously caring about a goodreads goal? No. But in 2014 I missed by two books and in 2015 I missed by 4. In my defense, BOTH of those years I actually beat my original goal and changed about halfway through when I saw how fast I was reading.
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library
12. Broke a book buying ban
I’ve never been on a book buying ban. I don’t seem to have the problem where I can’t stop buying books and not reading them. I have a couple that have been sitting around my house FOREVER, but in most cases they were the third on a buy-2-get-1-free shelf and I figured I may as well get a free book.
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about
No way! I always write my reviews as soon after reading the book as possible! This week I’ve been having anxiety because I finished Rosewater on Sunday night and didn’t get the review written til Thursday! I was so worried I’d forget everything by the time I got around to it. I’m never doing that again!
14. Wrote in a book you were reading
Actually several of my teachers in high school required me to do so. Color-coded highlighting was trendy those four years I guess. I’m still so ashamed.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
Hello, no! Then I might not meet my goal, even if I really did!
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend
I don’t know? I’m not a big borrower of books, but I may have stolen a friend’s copy of a book back in high school. But maybe it was mine all along? I’ll say yes.
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
I outright told my mom no this year! She wanted to borrow Landline, and after waiting six whole months to get my very own copy I definitely wasn’t about to let her haul it to another state! Sorry mom.
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
I read books with the jackets on. The whole point of the jacket is to protect the book underneath! HELOOOOO.
20. Sat on a book accidentally
Every dang day.
Final Score: 11/20
Uh oh. Not as nice as I thought! But at least I’m still on the nice list!
I’m tagging no one, because Christmas is in like, 2 days. Sorry, Jenniely, I’m really feeling naughty this year, I guess. But if you feel like you have time to get to this and you want to do it, I TAG YOU PIKACHU!
Merry Christmas everyone. ❤