Because I haven’t done enough Harry Potter tags, am I right?
Just kidding! You can never have enough Harry Potter tags! HUGE thanks to Kay at Hammock of Books for tagging me. I know that it’s been approximately a million years, but I’m finally getting around to it, and thank goodness because this tag is SO MUCH FUN! Now excuse me while I try find 30 small pieces of paper… Or maybe I can do this in a spreadsheet?
- Write 30 character names on pieces of paper.
- Put them in a jar/mug/cup.
- Randomly choose two pieces of paper for every question. In each of the 15 questions, you have to decide which of the two characters fits the question and which one is not good enough.
I tried to do all female characters, because why not?, but it was REALLY HARD. Gee, who realized HP was so male-centric? So some of these people are a little random! Oh well, just makes it more fun!
1. You only have one more spot on your spelling bee team. Who do you pick to complete your team?
Winky vs. Parvati Patil
Oh god, not Winky. She barely speaks understandable English, and I can’t image anyone bothers teaching house elves to read and write. I don’t think Parvati is probably a particularly good speller either, but she’s got to be better than Winky.
2. Both characters want to kill you. Which one would you kill first so you have a better chance of surviving?
Angelina Johnson vs. Mrs. Weasley
Well, that depends on strategy here. I assume I going for the easy kill first? Sorry Angelina, but Mrs. Weasley is definitely lethal!
3. You’re on the bachelor/bachelorette and you’re down to these two characters. Who are you going to give the rose to?
Professor Sprout vs. Luna Lovegood
Aw, definitely Luna! Even if we aren’t MFEO, wouldn’t the look on her face when somebody shows her they care just be so worth it?! Every time Harry does something nice for her in the series and she gets so happy about it, my heart just melts. Besides, who wouldn’t want Luna around?
4. You’ve been chosen for the Hunger Games. Who would be most likely to volunteer in your place?
Celestina Warbeck vs. Moaning Myrtle
Um, neither, lol. I’m going to have to go with Moaning Myrtle on account of her already being dead, so she’s in no danger of dying again.
5. You’re stranded on an island with an active volcano. Which character would you throw into a volcano as a sacrifice?
Professor Trelawney vs. Katie Bell
Definitely Professor Trelawney. I mean, I don’t think I’m the kind of person who would throw anyone into a volcano, but if I had to I’m not sure I would miss her and her fraudulent predictions at all.
6. You’re the next DC/Marvel superhero (with your own TV show, of course). Who is your sidekick?
Auntie Muriel vs. Petunia Dursley
I guess Auntie Murial, because at least she’s a witch. Besides, she really proves that she could kick some ass at Bill and Fleur’s wedding. I wouldn’t want to mess with her…
7. You’re a manager of an avocado-admiring company. Who would you fire for lack of communication skills?
Lily Evans Potter vs. Madam Rosmerta
I can’t imagine I would have to fire either of these women for lack of communication skills! Madam Rosmerta has successfully run her own business for decades, and Lily managed to do just fine in the Slug Club and beyond. Honestly, I can’t pick. Who do y’all think???
8. You’ve just finished a book in which your favorite character dies. Who is most likely to comfort you?
Ginny Weasley vs. Professor McGonagall
Well, I’m not a Gryffindor, so I can’t picture McGonagall doing any such thing. Ginny is a great friend, though, and I can 100% imagine her being there for me, though maybe not for something so trifling.
9. Ugh, it’s high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
Professor Umbridge vs. Mrs. Figg
I guess at least Umbridge has the advantage to being a pureblood and not a squib. Also, she charmed her way up the Ministry ladder somehow, so she’s not to be underestimated.
10. The day has arrived – you’re finally a year older? Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
Cho Chang vs. Mrs. Norris
Well Mrs. Norris is a cat. Anyone who has ever met a cat knows that THEY DO NO GIVE A FLYING RAT’S PATOOTY ABOUT YOUR LAME BIRTHDAY.
11. You’ve just found an upcoming booktube star! Who would it most likely be?
Penelope Clearwater vs. Fleur Delacour
They would both be so good at it! I’m going to have to give it to Fleur, though, because her Veela looks would give her a lot of male followers who don’t even really care about books.
12. Sleepover time! Unfortunately, you can only invite one person. Who would you invite?
Narcissa Malfoy vs. Lavender Brown
Ugh, this is going to be the worst sleepover ever! Clearly I would rather have Lavender there, though. She can paint my nails or something else horrifyingly girly.
13. BAM, you’re pregnant. Who is the father/mother?
Madam Pince vs. Tonks
Well this is awkward. I’m not quite sure how the biology works out here… Can I say BAM we’re adopting? Because I’m 1,000% on board for that!
Tonks I hope! She is so much fun, I would be happy to have her as a wife! And I think she’d make a great mom too!
14. You’ve just written a super important text. Who would see it, but not reply?
Bellatrix Lestrange vs. Gwenog Jones
I can’t picture either of these women texting me back, if we’re being honest. I can’t imagine either of them would find me particularly worth their time. I’ve got a decidedly better shot with Gwenog Jones, though, seeing as she is capable of functioning as a human being.
15. You’ve just woken up and it’s time for breakfast. Your mum’s been replaced by … WHO?!
Hermione Granger vs. Pansy Parkinson
Hermione mom! YAY!!!! Not quite as good as Hermione sister or Hermione bff, but beggars can’t be choosers!
- Samantha @ Modern Witch’s Bookshelf
- All the Potterheads
- Anyone else who finds this tag great fun!