SUMMER VACATION SNITCHES!!!!!!
Hem. Excuse me. Let’s try get back to some semblance of decorum, please?
It’s no secret that teachers look forward to summer vacation just as much (probably more) than their students do. Personally my favorite part of summer vacation is not getting up at 5 AM, but spending time with my kids is a close second. And, obviously, reading a boat-load of books is always a highlight of my summer.
Over the years I’ve gotten into a few summer reading traditions.
1) Read a completed YA series that is *still* popular and that I’ve neglected
2) Read a book in the Lady Trent series
3) Catch up on new releases
4) Read at least 100 pages every day
While I’m a little bit of a mood reader, since I started using the library more I’ve had to start planning my tbr a little bit more in advanced. (I’ll write more about THAT this summer!) So I’ve already got a bit of a list. Plus I know what my YA series is going to be, plus a few other books that I know I want to get to. So here are, in absolutely no order whatsoever, some of the books I want to read this summer!
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before and the sequels
- In the Labyrinth of Drakes
- The Wind in the Willows
- Bless Me, Ultima
- The Royal Runaway
- The Ladies’ No. 1 Detective Agency
- The Psychology of Time Travel
- The Kingdom of Copper
- Carry On
- Young Jane Young