I had another discussion post, but I deleted it. Because you know what the world doesn’t need? More negativity. More ranting. More soapboxes.
It’s been a rough year. COVID. Race relations. LGBTQ rights. There have been some great things, some celebrations, but overall I think we can all agree the last few months have been HARD. We’ve been lonely, afraid, hurting. There’s been so much, how could you even summarize it in a sentence? 2020 has been a total dumpster fire.
But life keeps going. We keep living. And to make it through, we HAVE to stay positive. We have to focus on those victories. So here are a few of mine from the last few months:
- I finished my last grad school class with a 4.0.
- I passed my librarian certification exam.
- We moved to a beautiful new house in the city I work in.
- No commute!
- I read some FABULOUS middle grade books that are reminding me of the goodness of humanity.
- Speaking of books, re-reading the Daevabad books, and THEY ARE SO GOOD!!!!
- I was brave enough to talk to my brother about my religion, and he doesn’t hate me.
- My kids are beautiful and getting smarter every day. They love Narwhal and Jelly.
- My husband and I re-discovered The New Girl and aaaalllll of the amazingness that is Nick.
What’s keeping you going? What joys and celebrations have you had the last few months? Let’s talk about it in the comments.
Love you guys.