Happy April! I promise I don’t have any April Fools jokes planned for y’all, just some straight-up honest gushing about books.
You guys! Surprise endings or shocking plot twists is one of my absolute favorite things in a book. A big twist gives the book such a wonderful feeling of fun and excitement! A book without any big surprises often falls flat for me. I want a book that can keep me on my toes!
So, obviously, I had a really hard time with this theme because I couldn’t pick just one favorite! Here are some of the amazing contenders that I was thinking of:
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel (OMG THAT ENDING!!!!)
- Angels and Demons by Dan Brown (okay, I was 15, it was shocking at the time…)
- The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy (never saw his identity coming)
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi (seriously, what even HAPPENED?!?!?!)
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (if you tell me you saw the love interest coming, then I’m calling you a liar)
- An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green (maybe I would have been less surprise if I’d have known it was a series…)
In the end I went with a book that a) I’m sure I’ve never used for Calendar Girls before and b) I read before ANY of these books. And, if we’re being honest, it might be the book that MOST shocked the socks off me. Ever. So, without any further ado, my favorite book with a surprise ending is…Continue reading “Calendar Girls April: Favorite Book with a Surprise Ending or Twist”