1. Bel Canto by Ann Patchet
This book gave me ALL of the feels. I connected with it on such a deep emotional level. Bonus points for the love of music that permeated the novel.
2. The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty
I have never read a fantasy novel like this one before. The setting, the mythology, the characters, it was all so unique and so GOOD.
3. The Psychology of Time Travel by Kate Mascarenhas
Maybe the best time-travel book I have ever read. A character-driven murder-mystery that delves deep into the details of travel theory.
4. Enchantée by Gita Trelease
Enchantée was magical, lush, romantic, and the feel-good YA book I needed this year. I loved it, and if you love the French Revolution you will too!
5. The Priory of the Orange Tree
Epic, exciting, romantic, smart, standalone, everything I want in a fantasy. Also, did I mention DRAGONS???
6. To All the Boys I’ve Love Before series by Jenny Han
A must-read series if you love YA. So much more than a romance.
7. In the Labyrinth of Drakes by Marie Brennan
The best Lady Trent book yet! I highly recommend this Victorian/fantasy mash-up to dragon lovers.
8. Slayer by Kiersten White
A fun trip back into the Buffy-verse that had me turning pages like wildfire! Great for new fans and old fans alike.
9. Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
If you love 1970s Rock and Roll you can’t miss this gripping and completely real novel from the amazing Taylor Jenkins Reid.
10. Young Jane Young by Gabrielle Zevin
While this book has a great story, strong feminist voice, and fantastic writing, the stand-out element to me was the characters. If you like funny, strong women, this book is for you!