1. The Obelisk Gate by N.K. Jemisin
This serious is absolutely outstanding speculative fiction. I loved everything about this book.
2. Love from A to Z by S.K. Ali
Definitely one of my all-time favorite YA books. Perfectly blends YA romance with literary fiction.
3. Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas
Super cool standalone YA urban fantasy. Brujx, ghosts, trans MC, adorable romance, one-of-a-kind worldbuilding.
4. If Beale Street Could Talk by James Baldwin
This classic piece of Black fiction was both so romantic and so heartbreaking. Wow, what writing!
5. Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore
Quirky, fun, and just heartfelt enough to not feel cheezy.
6. A Beautifully Foolish Endeavor by Hank Green
A really unique take on first-contact that looks closely at all the things humanity is doing that could lead to our own demise.
7. Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid
A couple of sweet love stories, fierce female friendships, and a split-timeline concept.
Hey, give me some time here. It’s February, you can’t genuinely have expected me to read 10 books already???