1. Bel Canto by Ann Patchet
This book gave me ALL of the feels. I connected with it on such a deep emotional level. Bonus points for the love of music that permeated the novel.
2. The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
I didn’t used to believe in love at first sight, but I do now. ALL. THE. FEELS.
3. The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty
I have never read a fantasy novel like this one before. The setting, the mythology, the characters, it was all so unique and so GOOD.
4. With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo
I love the characters. I love the way it was written. But most of all, I loved the way it made me feel.
5. The Psychology of Time Travel by Kate Mascarenhas
Maybe the best time-travel book I have ever read. A character-driven murder-mystery that delves deep into the details of travel theory.
6. Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson
Library + swords + swoony romance + magic =<3
7. Enchantée by Gita Trelease
Enchantée was magical, lush, romantic, and the feel-good YA book I needed this year. I loved it, and if you love the French Revolution you will too!
8. The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
Epic, exciting, romantic, smart, standalone, everything I want in a fantasy. Also, did I mention DRAGONS???
9. To All the Boys I’ve Love Before series by Jenny Han
A must-read series if you love YA. So much more than a romance.
10. The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman
I have never felt so personally represented in a book as I felt reading about Nina Hill. Like looking in a mirror, only with more books.