1. The Mirror & the Light
Utterly brilliant historical fiction. Captivating and compelling.
2. A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi
Beautiful, heartbreaking, romantic, and empowering. You have to read this book.
3. As You Wish by Cary Elwes
The closest thing you’ll ever get to a behind-the-scenes of making-of of The Princess Bride.
4. Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
Completely unique, and Gideon is my favorite person ever.
5. The Unexpected Inheritance of Inspector Chopra by Vaseem Khan
A delightfully nice cozy mystery set in Mumbai, complete with a baby elephant.
6. Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall, Denver Moore, and Lynn Vincent
Touching and inspiring, this book will change the way you look at homelessness and inspire you to do something about it.
7. Every Heart a Doorway by Seanen McGuire
A heart-warming novella perfect for anyone who ever wondered what happened to Alice after she came back from Wonderland.
8. Dune by Frank Herbert
Classic Sci-Fi for a reason. Phenomenal world building, loved the way the world looked and felt.
9. We Set the Dark on Fire by Tehlor Kay Mejia
A YA Dystopia/Romance done right! Loved the mythology, culture, and f/f romance.
10. Slay by Brittney Morris
Couldn’t get enough of the VR game in this story. I want to play!