1. A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi
Beautiful, heartbreaking, romantic, and empowering. You have to read this book.
2. Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea by Ben Clanton
A truly adorable graphic novel that kids and adults alike will love.
3. As You Wish by Cary Elwes
The closest thing you’ll ever get to a behind-the-scenes of making-of of The Princess Bride.
4. The Unexpected Inheritance of Inspector Chopra by Vaseem Khan
A delightfully nice cozy mystery set in Mumbai, complete with a baby elephant.
5. The Miscalculations of Lightning Girl by Stacy McAnulty
This middle-grade novel touched my heart and shed light on bullying and neuro-diversity.
6. Every Heart a Doorway by Seanen McGuire
A heart-warming novella perfect for anyone who ever wondered what happened to Alice after she came back from Wonderland.
7. Jackie Ha-Ha by James Patterson and Chris Grabenstein
A funny but touching middle-grade comedy about finding who you are.
8. Sadie by Courtney Summers
A unique and powerful young adult thriller that pulls no punches.
9. The Martian Chronicles
Classic for a reason. Ray Bradbury fuses social commentary with what-if and doomsday predictions. More like a connected short-story collection than a novel.
10. Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho
A fun, modern take on Pratchett-style satire fantasy.