1. The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune
Just delightful, and NICE, and I loved it just as much as everyone said I would!!
2. Dial A for Aunties by Jesse Q. Sutano
Possibly the funniest book I have ever read. Romance plus murder mystery with a twist FOR THE WIN!
3. A Tip for the Hangman by Allison Epstein
The Scarlett Pimpernel meets Wolf Hall meets Hamilton. It’s irreverent, exciting, sexy, and utterly heartbreaking.
4. The Obelisk Gate & The Stone Sky by N.K. Jemisin
This serious is absolutely outstanding speculative fiction. I loved everything about this series.
5. Love from A to Z by S.K. Ali
Definitely one of my all-time favorite YA books. Perfectly blends YA romance with literary fiction.
6. Fuzz: When Nature Breaks the Law by Mary Roach
Completely different than I expected, but utterly fascinating.
7. In the Quick by Kate Hope Day
Jane Eyre meets The Martian with the introspective, almost detached style reminiscent of Interstellar, and I LOVED it!
8. The Trial of Lizzie Borden by Cara Robertson
DID SHE DO IT???? I thoroughly enjoyed this foray into true crime.
9. Kindred by Octavia Butler
So much timey-wimey-er than I expected, in the very best way. But … definitely brutal.
10. Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
It’s like if you took Fangirl and smashed it up with Turtles All the Way Down and then added art and forums to it.