1. The Mirror & the Light
Utterly brilliant historical fiction. Captivating and compelling.
2. The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin
Wow. I just, don’t even have words. Wow.
3. A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi
Beautiful, heartbreaking, romantic, and empowering. You have to read this book.
4. The Empire of Gold by S.A. Chakraborty
WOW! What a finale! I wish I always loved the end of a series like this. It was fun, twisty-turny, lovey dovey, and just dark enough to be delicious.
5. You Should See Me in a Crown by Leah Johnson
So fun, and cute, and sweet, and I just loved it SO MUCH!!!
6. The Angel of the Crows by Katherine Addison
Sherlock Holmes + all the supernatural creatures + light steampunk + Jack the Ripper = gold
7. As You Wish by Cary Elwes
The closest thing you’ll ever get to a behind-the-scenes of making-of of The Princess Bride.
8. Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
Completely unique, and Gideon is my favorite person ever.
9. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
So fun, spunky, and adorable. I loved the characters, romance,and families. ALL THE FEELS!!! ❤ ❤ ❤
10. We Ride Upon Sticks by Quan Barry
Smart, quirky, funny, and just the right touch of magic. If using dark magic got you to the field hockey state championship would YOU do it?