Thanks for dropping in for week two of Favorites February! This week I re-read my least favorite book in the His Dark Materials trilogy, The Subtle Knife. I say least favorite, but obviously I enjoy this series to have read and re-read it, lol.
Lyra finds herself in a shimmering, haunted otherworld – Cittàgazze, where soul-eating Spectres stalk the streets and wingbeats of distant angels sound against the sky. But she is not without allies: twelve-year-old Will Parry, fleeing for his life after taking another’s, has also stumbled into this strange new realm. On a perilous journey from world to world, Lyra and Will uncover a deadly secret: an object of extraordinary and devastating power. And with every step, they move closer to an even greater threat – and the shattering truth of their own destiny.
Why I Love This Book
- The multiple-worlds are expanded upon and finally explained in this book, and I love it. More please!
- Will. He is so troubled and confused and INTERESTING!
- I love how Will and Lyra become joint-protagonists.
- Lyra finally gets called out for being childish.
- More witches!
- New ways to communicate with Dust.
- The waiting and build-up surrounding Dust in the first book has BIG payoff in this one.